Popsicle Industries

Douglass Hagan features the best and brightest in indie rawk, every Monday morning, from 9 to 11 on 89.3 WCSB Cleveland. Don't worry...you out-of-towners can listen live at wcsb.org! Email requests to DouglassHagan@gmail.com This blog is not officially affiliated with WCSB or Cleveland State University. The content herein is solely the responsibility of the author.

Monday, October 16, 2006

The Week of Rock

Good morning party people! As usual, we're going to start the morning off slow...so as not to shock anyone at this early stage in the work-school-sleep-week. But later, we're going to rock like Popsicle Industries have never rocked before! That's right, as promised, we've got an interview scheduled with Jonathan from Bling Kong, who will play their first ever Cleveland show on Wednesday of this week. We'll have a few tracks from BK and then we'll move on with our days, but we won't be the same...we'll be changed.

1. Character: "Lakeview Annex"
2. Audible: "October Song"
3. Autumn Sweater: "Circles"
4. The Flaming Lips: "Buggin'"
5. Pell Mell: "Pound Cake"

6. Broken Social Scene: "Love and Mathematics"
7. On!Air!Library!: "Bread"
8. My Bloody Valentine: "Lose My Breath"
9. Jesus & Mary Chain: "Cut Dead"
10. Ride: "Vapour Trail"

11. James: "Lose Control"
12. Teenage Fanclub: "The World'll Be Ok"
13. The Oxford Collapse: "Let's Vanish"
14. Ok Go: "There's a Fire"
15. Ok Go: "C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips"

16. Bling Kong: "A Song I know"
17. Bling Kong: "We Got the Bling"
18. Bling Kong: "Bling Kong Girls"

Thank you to Totally Jonathan!!!

19. Damone: "Frustrated Unnoticed"
20. Simian: "End of the Day"
21. Chavez: "Unreal is Here"
22. Chavez: "Wakeman's Air"
23. Hum: "Why I Like the Robins"
24. Archie Bronson Outfit: "Cherry Lips"
25. Sufjan Stevens: "Dear Mr. Supercomputer"

2 Comments:

Blogger eric boogiepop said...

I played Hum on my show today just because you and (I think) Giraffes on Fire played Hum.

I hated Hum when "Stars" got played on the radio ad nauseum, but a few years later, I figured out that the rest of You'd Prefer an Astronaut is really good.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Douglass Hagan said...

I totally agree, but I liked them from the get go because I don't remember them getting much airplay on the radio (other than college radio). I know what you mean, though!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home